ELEMENTARY SCIENCE FAIR PROJECT
May 21-23, 2012
2. Research information about your topic and write a report.
3. Prepare a 3-panel Presentation Board. Blank boards may be purchased at Staples, Michael’s, and A.C. Moore.
4. Optional: Make a model or do a demonstration if you want.
ABOUT YOUR RESEARCH:
• Each student needs to prepare an individual project. This is not group work.
• It is okay to ask your parents for help with ideas to get started and help doing experiments or putting your presentation together, but it is not okay to have them do your work for you.
• You will need to gather information from books outside of school (for example, from your home library, the public library and/or bookstores). Choose books that you are able to read and understand yourself.
TIPS FOR YOUR MAKING YOUR BOARD BEAUTIFUL:
• Try not to write or draw directly on the board. Attach letters and pictures to the board with a glue stick.
• Remember that you need to be able to explain and describe everything you put on your board.
• Fill your board with large print or pictures. Make the drawings yourself rather than copying them from a book or the internet. Make sure we can see the board from a distance.
• Keep your report separate. Don't attach it to your board because you'll need it for your presentation.
ABOUT MAKING A MODEL OR DOING AN EXPERIMENT:
• Use only materials that are safe to perform demonstrations.
Projects will be presented orally to the class Monday through Wednesday (May 21st through May 23rd). Please do not bring projects to school before May 21st as we do not have room to store them. Projects will
remain on display in our classroom until the Academic Fair ends on May 23, 2012. All students should plan to attend the Academic Fair evening event on Wednesday with their parents